Let the staff of SLO Ocean Currents teach you how to SCUBA dive this year. If you already hold a certification, how about continuing your education through the many different specialty options that we have.Refresher Course
- Little rusty? How about taking a refresher course. In just a few hours time we will have you back up to dive speed. This course gets you back to the basics of making diving easy and fun. Cover topics such as equipment, diving theory, and modern dive science.
1. Full PADI Re-Activate Course: This includes a link to the PADI Re-activate e-learning course. This is a complete online program, which includes the main portions of the open water course, including videos and knowledge reviews. The online portion is about 3 hours and can be done at your own pace. Once completed we will have a meet and greet with a little lecture as well as getting you fitted for any rental gear you may need. We then head to the pool to work on your main dive skills and any other specific things you want to get more practice. With this program, you will receive a new e-Certification card from PADI and we will sign and stamp your log books. This is a perfect course for those that have not dove in many years and that may have lost their original Certification cards.
2. Standard Refresher Course: With this course, we will send you a knowledge review that will test your dive knowledge. We will meet at the shop and go over your review and answer any questions you may have. We then will set you up with the dive gear you will need for training and review your SCUBA equipment. Next, we are off to the pool to work on your main dive skills and any other specific things you want to get more practice. We will sign and stamp your log books. This course is for those divers who may have been diving once or twice a year and just want to sharpen their skills before an upcoming trip.
Want some more? Add a guided dive in the ocean? Call and schedule today. We take these as a one on one basis or bring a friend or two.PADI Open Water SCUBA Lessons (Beginner Course)
- This is for the person who is ready to take their first diving lesson. The course will teach the individual how to be part of a buddy team and achieve a level of comfort so that you will be able to participate in the sport of SCUBA without an instructor. The course consists of basic problem-solving skills and use of the diving systems to make your diving more enjoyable. We offer three-week courses, weekenders, private and referral courses that will fit anyone's needs.PADI Warm Water SCUBA Course (Referral Course)
- Lectures and pool training here in San Luis, ocean diving at the destination of your choice. Do it in one long day(private) or over a few weeks with our group courses.PADI Advanced Open Water
- If you have already completed the Open Water course and want to further your education, get back into the water or meet new dive buddies, this is the course for you. This course is a continuation of the basic course and builds on five specialty areas. This course is also an excellent choice for the person who is close to needing a refresher or for divers who have never dove in California before and are interested.Specialty Courses
- Offering many different fields, giving you the ability to further your education in the area you want.PADI Rescue Diver
- For the diver who wants to be an experienced dive buddy and have the ability to make proper assessments of themselves as well as other people they dive with. Our clients often refer to this as the most valuable course that we offer.PADI Divemaster
- A level of excellence. With the knowledge of an instructor and the ability to take people on guided tours, the Divemaster has obtained the highest level of diving without being an instructor. The Divemaster can be a part of the instructional team and a great benefit to those around them.